Trustee Marshall: We’re back! Welcome to school
I would like to welcome the families and staff of District 2 for the 2021-2022 school year! We are ready to embark on new adventures in the world of learning! Dallas ISD schools offer many opportunities to help your child succeed in school. Each year is a new opportunity to provide important transitions and the acquisition of new skills that will improve each student’s ability to apply learning in many ways.
We are delighted to have all of the students back on campus! To protect staff and students from the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus, Dallas ISD is temporarily requiring all staff, students and visitors to wear masks.
We are ready to make this school year a great one and thank you for your understanding and cooperation in ensuring a safe learning environment for all.
- Thank you very much to all of our teachers and staff in District 2 who have created a safe and welcoming space that fosters a rigorous and inclusive learning experience!
- We are so grateful to our football and exercise team at North Dallas High School for visiting and welcoming students from our foster schools Ben Milam, Ignacio Zaragoza and Cesar Chavez on their first day of school.
- I am proud to announce that Dallas Hybrid Preparatory at Stephen J. Hay is innovating in the world of education with an online platform that allows students to interact in a virtual world.
- Many thanks to the Junior League of Dallas for providing innovative teaching grants, and congratulations to the following District 2 educators who received grants:
- Dan Garrison, Woodrow Wilson HS Academy of Engineering
- Stéphanie Cantu, Elementary Mockingbird
- I’d like to pay tribute to Matthew Jackson, who recently graduated from North Dallas High School after struggling with homelessness in first grade. With the support of his mother and NDHS staff, Jackson secured a college scholarship to Texas A&M Texarkana, which he currently attends, and will be studying psychiatry. Congratulations, we are very proud of you!
- Congratulations to Patricia McDonald, Junior of Woodrow Wilson High School, finalist in the eighth annual New York Times Student Editorial Competition.
Spanish Website for Parents of Dallas ISD
As part of the Dallas ISD Hispanic Heritage Month campaign and the effort for equity and race, the Parents’ Advocacy Department at ISD Dallas has launched a Spanish web page www.DallasISD.org/PADRES, to provide culturally relevant information to parents. The site includes weekly Spanish info sessions broadcast live on Facebook, Spanish podcast episodes, parent resources and links to the Dallas ISD department, all on one page. For the latest district-wide information and events, parents can also visit the district’s main Spanish webpage: www.dallasisd.org/espanol.
Social and emotional learning resources
Did you know that the Social and Emotional Learning Department at ISD Dallas has a website dedicated to providing parents and caregivers with excellent SEL-focused resources? From tools like mood indicators to helpful articles on family engagement, there’s a lot of useful information available: https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/70970.
For district news, keep following us on social media:
Dallas ISD Trustee
Dustin Marshall, District 2
Click to sign up for The Lawyer weekly news summary and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood / East Dallas.