Senior Consultant, Health Care Delivery | ReliefWeb
About the role
UK or any country where we have an international office
Support clients to improve health and humanitarian outcomes for citizens of low- and middle-income countries. Contribute to Crown Agents’ success by delivering profitable business results and building Crown Agent’s reputation as a go-to provider of high-quality, inclusive health systems strengthening health supply chain and humanitarian solutions.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Technical Manager – Quality and Accessible Services, this is an exciting new leadership role within the Crown Agents Global Healthcare team that will support the Technical Manager in delivering a growing portfolio of programs within of this work stream. The incumbent will work collaboratively with other senior consultants within the broader health team to ensure synergies between program delivery and winning activities by ensuring that we integrate climate and health, the supply chain health supply and digital health in our delivery programs.
The role will work closely with in-country delivery teams ensuring that program delivery meets a high standard of technical quality, delivers value for money and meets and exceeds expectations both in terms of program results, results and client satisfaction. This will include acting as program director on key delivery projects.
The role will support the Technical Lead in the development and implementation of the quality and accessible services strategy with a particular focus on the delivery of primary healthcare services. Areas of focus will include but not be limited to Community Health, Immunization, Malaria, Nutrition, NCDs, NTDs, WASH with the ultimate goal of demonstrating effective ways to integrate vertical programming into broader health systems.
The role will support the development of a strong pipeline of new opportunities, leading the design of new programs, technical writing of grants/offers, client management, representing Crown Agents as required.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Program Delivery (40%)
- Act as program director for Crown Agents flagship health programs.
- Provide short-term technical assistance as needed to other health programs.
- Work with the PMO to ensure that quality assurance, risk management and M&E in all projects meet or exceed agreed development results
- As part of a broader continuous improvement role, support and challenge all project team leaders to meet or exceed agreed development results.
Winning company (40%)
- Support the development of the quality assurance and service delivery strategy
- Work with the health program team in Sierra Leone to develop a comprehensive BW strategy leveraging existing program and future projects
- Lead significant health activities by providing the full range of services – program design, theory of change, proposal writing, partnerships, staffing and business inputs
- For relevant programs, participate and provide technical input in identification, verification and negotiations with consortia partners.
- Establish and develop (increasing our portfolio of work) relationships with key clients working in the area of quality assurance and healthcare service delivery.
- Proactively generate new business opportunities, especially with new funders, by helping clients identify and understand their vision/goals for change
- Support and lead winning companies across the department as appropriate, e.g. writing technical sections, designing programs, reviewing bids, acting as bid manager as required.
Technical direction (20%)
- Provide thought leadership in areas of focus within the mission of quality and accessible service delivery
- Provide technical inputs to service delivery programs as required, acting as a technical point of reference at HQ for upcoming programs and other teams
- Stay informed of global best practices and trends in primary health care delivery and ensure they are incorporated into the delivery of existing programs and the development of new ones.
- Lead the development of internal and external communications, including technical briefs, journal articles, blogs, to support the technical depth of Crown Agents in this area.
- Contribute to other areas of technical expertise as appropriate.
- Line management of relevant staff, helping them to develop professionally as needed.
Raising the Profile of Crown Agents
- Contribute to and lead, as appropriate, the production of communications and products for external use, such as community health research articles, and participate in “communities of practice” to keep abreast of the latest developments, industry standards, tools and methodologies.
- Build and maintain close relationships and effective networks with our clients, partners and consultants, contributing to the organization’s marketing activities and representing Crown Agents at a senior level in the outside world.
- Act as a resource for Crown Agents to provide support on external relations, stakeholder engagement, external and internal communications, technical notes, any other matters
- Know and comply with all standards following backup procedures and policies. Promoting the culture of speaking out for Crown agents to protect the well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults
- Know and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in line with Crown Agents commitment to work to the highest quality standards and strive for continual improvement
- Undertake international and domestic travel for consultancy and research assignments as required
If applicable, the incumbent must
- undertake all purchases in accordance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorization (Human) (WDA(H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our UK controlled drug license issued by the Home Office
- ensure that all purchases are made using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
Any other duties appropriate to the position, upon request
- Usually a master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in global health or a related field.
- Experienced individual, able to demonstrate expertise in at least one technical area of interest
- Substantial and demonstrable experience leading large, service delivery-oriented health programs
- Experience working with a wide range of Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) clients and governments
- Experience managing and leading a large development contract within a multilateral, bilateral, consultancy or NGO organization, with significant experience of being based in an LMIC
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience of the practical aspects of designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating high quality health care delivery programs.
- Experience of working in several national contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical grants and winning business strategies.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including but not limited to UK Government, GAVI. TGF, USG, UN Departments, Foundations, etc.)
- Excellent experience in organizational and program management, including with staff work plans, budget management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment and to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience building partnerships/consortia for development and humanitarian funding as well as negotiating programmatic contractual arrangements with partners.
- Understanding of program operations, including procurement and distribution of health commodities
- Fluency in one or more languages commonly used in the countries where Crown Agents works is desirable.
- Familiarity with the latest global evidence and innovations in health service delivery, in LMICs and/or conflict and humanitarian settings.
- Familiarity with technical concepts, best practices and programming covering a range of health service delivery issues
You will work with Crown Agents, a high-impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future of millions of people. Since our founding in 1833, we’ve worked around the world to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise lies in finding new solutions to difficult problems for our clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders locally, nationally and internationally to achieve lasting change using our insight and experience.
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to register
Job Details | Crown Agents