Rexford Industrial Realty: publishes its annual ESG report
LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (the “Company” or “Rexford Industrial”) (NYSE: REXR), a real estate investment trust focused on creating value by investing and operating industrial properties located in Southern california interlayers, today announced that the company has released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Report.
“Rexford is proud to publish our annual ESG report demonstrating the best environmental, social and governance impacts that are an integral part of our business objective and our values,” said Michael frankel and Howard schwimmer, Co-managing directors of the company. “Our highly targeted commercial strategy cultivates a deep collaboration made wonderful by the diversity and quality of our team. Rexford’s differentiated business model drives value creation by repositioning, recycling and renovating industrial buildings, dramatically improving functionality and reducing the carbon footprint of our assets, which generates benefits for the health and well-being of the community. game-changing community. While some companies recycle paper, we recycle buildings and rejuvenate communities! As we move forward, our opportunity to make a positive impact is huge as our goal is being fulfilled Southern california The market is larger than the vast majority of countries, comprising nearly two billion square feet of predominantly vintage industrial properties filled with opportunities to deliver extraordinary environmental, social and related benefits to stakeholders. “
The main highlights of the 2020 ESG report include these positive impacts from Rexford:
- Spectacular environmental, social and community benefits produced through our property-level work and recycling of industrial buildings which reduced demolition and landfill disposal by 152,000 tonnes, generated embodied carbon savings of 22,000 metric tonnes, as well as energy efficiency improvements that reduced carbon emissions equivalent to the elimination of 25,000 tonnes. cars from our roads.
- Community transformation by converting underutilized, degraded or hazardous infill properties into modern, highly functional industrial buildings, breathing new life into communities by creating high-quality jobs, generating additional tax revenues and improving health and productivity employees and the neighborhood.
- More than two billion dollars creation of net present value (“NPV”) resulting from our environmental and social impacts, quantified through a unique cost-benefit analysis, further validating the significant positive impact of our strategic orientation.
- An internal concentration and culture of human capital defined by mutual respect where the development and diversity of our employees are considered the greatest determinants of our future success.
- Exciting goals and opportunities as we move forward to amplify the results of our ESG priorities in the areas of climate change, environmental impact, community impact and engagement, diversity and inclusion , governance and ethics.
The full report is available in the ESG section of the company’s website at https://www.rexfordindustrial.com/ESG.
About Rexford Industrial
Rexford Industrial, a real estate investment trust focused on creating value by investing and operating industrial properties Southern california infill, owns 259 properties with approximately 32.2 million rentable square feet and manages 20 other properties with approximately 1.0 million rentable square feet.
For more information visit www.rexfordindustrial.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws, which are based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. and the results. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends, and similar expressions regarding matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by using forward-looking terminology such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “intend”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “Believes,” “estimates”, “predicts” or “potential” or the negative of those words and phrases or similar words or phrases which are predictions or indicate future events or trends and which do not relate solely to matters While forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, assumptions and expectations, they are not guarantees of future performance. For further discussion of these and other factors that could cause that the future results of the company differ materially from any forward-looking statement, see reports and other documents filed by the company with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including the annual report of the company. listed on form 10-K for the completed year December 31, 2020 and the current report on Form 8-K filed with the SEC on or about the date of this press release. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, new information, data or methods, future events or other changes.
SOURCE Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc.