New Directors Appointed to NC A&T and UNCG Boards | Education
• Joseph R. Parker Jr. was also renamed. He is a retired former senior vice president of the former Wachovia Bank and a past member of numerous boards and committees. Parker is also a graduate in A&T.
• Hilda Pinnix – Ragland is the third current Trustee to be re-appointed. She is a retired Duke Energy executive and A&T graduate who is currently Vice Chair of the A&T Board of Directors.
Here are the three new trustees of the UNCG, plus another who has been appointed for a full term:
• Anita Hughes Bachmann is CEO of the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of North Carolina. Previously, she held a senior leadership role with Optum, the pharmaceutical benefits management company, and has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
• Ernest J. Grant is President of the American Nurses Association, the largest nursing organization in the country, and is the first man to hold this position. Previously, he worked at the NC Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals and is an adjunct faculty member at the UNC School of Nursing. Grant received his Masters and Doctorate in Nursing from UNCG.
• Tim Rice is the former CEO of Cone Health who retired in 2015 after nearly 40 years in healthcare. He is a former director of NC A&T – he served two terms ending in 2019 – and has served on many other local and national boards. The UNCG awarded Rice an honorary doctorate in 2015.